(a lovely matte dark teal blue with other tones)
The Archihedrons are: studies of form, architectural artifacts, polyhedrons... bits of the "unknown". Let them bring you both quiet and questions.
- vitreous enamel
But... what is it?
It's an archihedron -- an artifact, a remnant of an unknown (likely future-based) architecture. Or...
- it's simply a strange little polygon I'm experimenting with
- it's from the album cover of REM's "Automatic for the People" (I did listen to the album again while making the steel versions -- the album totally holds up) -- (it didn't start as being from the album cover, that connected after already starting them)
- a defensive construction more known now as it was being built as a defensive measure in Ukraine against military vehicles
- a simple love of the construction of complex forms in various materials, learning methods...
- but mostly, it's a dream of future stars, of explorations of the great unknown
height x width x depth: 8 x 9 x 10" (14.5" between opposing points)
this piece can be suspended from the loop shown in images